Monday, April 8, 2013

Days 4, 5, 6, 7 - basement walls

We went away this weekend; honestly it was kind of nice to do something to get the house off of my mind, you know?

I checked on the house Friday afternoon before I left and they were putting up the concrete forms.  When I went back Sunday evening they had poured the walls and removed the forms (yea! basement walls).  By Monday evening, there was no additional progress, except for some blue spray paint markings.

Here's what it looks like now:

front view

back view
We were told waterproofing was supposed to be done last Saturday (obviously that didn't happen) and this week is expected to bring plumbing, plumbing inspection and basement/garage concrete pouring.  Wood is expected to drop on Friday! Hopefully we'll stay on track.

Met my future neighbor on Sunday.  We had a good conversation and I got the lowdown on the build process, things to watch for, our PM, service manager and the neighborhood.   Very helpful information!