Monday, February 18, 2013

New appliances!

Earlier today, I went to h.h. gregg and took advantage of a pretty decent sale (plus the MD sales tax holiday and SMECO's (electric company) current rebates for Energy Star appliances) and bought our new refrigerator and washer/dryer.  This was the first time I'd even been into h.h. gregg and I was generally pleased with the prices, selection, and service I received.  I'm super happy and now I just need the home  to put these in!!

The refrigerator we chose is the Samsung 31.6 cu. ft. french door refrigerator.  It is big and beautiful.  This fridge received overall favorable reviews, and I think it's going to be great for our family.  Size-wise, it will fit nicely as far as height/width but it may stick out an inch or two more than I would like it to. Even so, once everything's in I don't think I'll notice it all that much.
Samsung RF323TEDBSR

For the washer/dryer we chose the top-loading LG 5170 set.  As I mentioned before, I've been really unhappy with my current front-loader and wanted to go with something different.  This washer has a lot of nice features, the dryer has a steam function and like the refrigerator, both are pretty highly rated.   Originally, I picked the white because I didn't want to pay the extra $$ just to get a different color, but when the sales rep heard me say I would have liked the color for something a little different, he gave me the color for the same price as the white :)

LG WT5170HV

LG DLEX5170V