Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Update on Refrigerator Decision

Given a little more food for thought (big thanks to those who commented), we've decided that we are not going to upgrade with Ryan and buy our own.  Yes, we will pay a little more but we will have a larger selection - I will get the french door that I want, and there is an opportunity for a warranty.  Plus we will not be paying interest and closing costs on it.  Now I see why so many chose to get their own.

Now I'll get to shop for a fridge as well as a washer/dryer (and numerous other things needed when we move in).  Fun times :)

In my region, Ryan has to provide the standard black refrigerator.  I would like them to leave it in the garage because I guess I am going to try and sell it.  I really don't have any other use for it as we already have a chest freezer and I don't know anyone who needs one...  If I can't sell I will likely donate it, I believe there are places that will come pick these types of things up.

Has anyone tried to sell their new Ryan refrigerator? Was it successful?

On another note, I just got a flyer in the mail advertising a Home Expo being held at the Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro this weekend. I've never been to one of these and of course I'm interested in seeing what it's about.  Bonus, admission is free.
As if I was not absorbed in this house thing enough, things like this pop up and further enable my preoccupation :)